Thread: Forum times out (when logged on) and loses new thread.

Solved Forum times out (when logged on) and loses new thread.

I was in the middle of reporting a problem in the Forum and upon hitting submit I was logged off the forum after an apparent time out. After re-logging on the newthread page came up but was empty. Logging off and on again caused the same thing to happen. The tab needed to be closed to get back on the Forum. The thread that was being submitted was lost and had to be reentered. Also, even though there was an image in the clipboard and there is a paste option in the context menu for this page it does not work. The attached word document with the image is from the clipboard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SharkIndicators Mike; 02-14-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Removed image from docx file and replaced the docx with the image

Re: Forum times out (when logged on) and loses new thread.

Thanks for reporting this Frank. When you log in, make sure to check the box for "Remember Me".

If you have checked that option, and it still logs you out randomly, please let me know and we'll investigate.

Hi Keith:

Okay, I'll try that. It wasn't clear to me whether that meant remember my ID/PW or keep me logged on. If its only the later suggest changing the wording (Keep me Logged on) for clarity. Is the "Remember me" only a session option meaning that I have to do it all the time? I have a password management system that logs me on automatically which I will need to turn off if it has to be re-checked each time. Or is there a way of turning something on after one logs on that prevents a timeout condition?
    Last edited by FrankG; 02-18-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Hi Keith:

Clicking "Remember Me" does appear to disable the time out from occurring.

Thx